Blocking signatures / limit length of signatures?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
A few forum members have awfully long signatures. Sorry but I find this very annoying and distracting.

It would be nice to have a feature that limits the number of lines that a signature is allowed to be. A signature should never be more that 2-3 lines, 4 at the most.

Maybe a better feature would be able to block signatures of other forum members. Frankly I rarely have an interest in the signature of other forum members.

I would sure hate to block the members that have long signatures but if that is what it needs to come down to I might do just that.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Who needs signatures especially reading them and especially, the same info all over again every day.

There is blog with sidebar on this forum, no need to have a signature.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Personally, I don't think this isn't a very important topic to delve into.

And, no, there isn't such an automated feature in AAC. We'd have to enforce it manually.

Live and let live.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Dr. Killjoy, the second line of your new signature lacks an 's', if I may say so.

I'm glad this was sorted out on a user-to-user basis. Was this what you wanted, spinnaker?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Dr. Killjoy, the second line of your new signature lacks an 's', if I may say so.

I'm glad this was sorted out on a user-to-user basis. Was this what you wanted, spinnaker?
I did not want to name names. :)
But R!f@@ was nice enough to be the bad guy. :)
Thanks R!f@@ and thanks much Dr. K !

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

At the moment jrap (our administrator) has blocked the ability to edit the signature for new members.
As soon as the postcount reaches 10, the blockade is removed.

Bertus

Joined Nov 30, 2010
More likely, the site should limit signatures to 2 or 3 or 4 lines.
I assumed there was a limit when I made my signature and kept it short, just in case.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Guys, if you don't want to see signatures, why not turn them off?

Granted, you won't see any signatures at all, regardless of how long or how short they are, but if something in a post draws your attention to a signature that you can't see, then turn them on, see the sig, then turn them back off.

I have a slow internet connection at home, so I generally have signatures, avatars, and images turned off when I'm there.