Blizzard Warning

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Hazardous weather...

* heavy snow will taper off through mid evening. Storm total
accumulations of 10 to 16 inches are expected.

* North winds will shift northwest and increase to 25 to 35 mph
with gusts to 40 mph this evening. This will cause severe
blowing and drifting snow overnight with blizzard conditions.

* Temperatures will drop drastically overnight with lows between
5 below and 15 below zero. Deadly wind chills between 30
below and 45 below zero can be expected tonight through
Tuesday.

I have around 10" on the ground and 2 foot drifts........so far.

That wind isn't dying down for several more hours.

Hope we don't lose power for my oxygen......:eek:;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yeah...That sounds a lot worse than my place. Tomorrow at 1 pm the temperature will start dropping from 68 to the low 30's in about 18 hours. Second cold spell of the season so I will be getting furnace calls on Tuesday. Sparse income for an air conditioning man in January is not as bad as wondering if you're still going to be breathing on Tuesday.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I couldn't believe they said that Atlanta was going to hit 5 degrees.

The weather is so screwed up it's almost like a horror movie or a twilight zone show.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I've been getting a nor'easter here in VT for the past few days. Started off with a lot of snow, temperatures dropped to -20F, and now we're getting rain and sleet. It was sleeting for 5 minutes this evening before I went out to my car to run errands, and I had to scrape a sheet of ice off the windsheild. Not very pretty, looking forward to the end of Winter!

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Got up to check run time on heat pump. -17 now looking for colder than -20 by 5 am.

Put rugs under doors and covered all the bsmt windows. It's tough heating 6000 feet without bringing in the resistance.

Must have helped. No electric yet tonight.:)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
...soooo I take it it's snowing over there?

On a related note, we had a light shower today and a slightly chilling 8oC.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Go Advanced and use the Symbols

8°C
You mean use LaTeX and manually type an 'o' in the exponent? Yeah, I guess if you 're really serious about it, it can happen.

Rich (BB code):
[tex]^oC[/tex]
\(^oC\)

Hm... I guess not. It produces an image with different for than the rest of the text. This is probably why I don't use it.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I found the symbol, but still I'd like to be able to write it outside of the Advanced Editor. I thought about using the Unicode code of the symbol, but my laptop doesn't have a numeric numpad.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
-3 degrees here in kansas this morning -15 wind chill, only 2 inches of snow thankfully. speaking of thanks, THANK GOD FOR INDOOR PLUMBING!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Around here we expect to have again around 40ºC (104ºF) for few days. And even more in the North of the country.

From the 27th to the 1st I had not power and had to climb 7 floors every time I went to Starbucks for an espresso.

BTW, in my keyboard I can type º and ª with no problems.

Last edited: