Blinking LEDS using PIC16F84A

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mpjr23, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mpjr23

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Hi! I'm a beginner in programming a PIC microcontroller using MPLAB and I have a hard time doing this project.
    The task is:
    Using a PIC16F84A, make a program that will enable the 7 LEDs to run with the following sequence:
    a.) LEDs are arrange in V-formation. The center LED blinks every 1sec and turns off every 1sec.
    b.) Both sides of the V turns on for 2sec and turns off for 2sec from the center going outward for 4cycles.
    c.) Stop for 2sec delay and repeats again.(center LED is not affected with stopping)

I have already made the program for the 6LEDs on the side of the V-formation, but i don't know how to make the center LED blinks considering that it has a different timing compared to the 6LEDs.

I hope you can help me..Thank you in advance..:)
  2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    You must let the smallest interval control the larger ones. This is done using a counter. This is how it is done in say digital clock as an example. Let us say for simplicity that we want to make digital clock using second intervals as a time base. In order to get minutes you count up 60 seconds then you increment the minute value. And for the hour value you count up 60 minutes before incrementing