BLDC Amplifier for 3-phase DC motor...huntin'!

kalikid1210

Joined Jul 15, 2008
Well I received -0- replies on a similar thread re: a fiesty lil MOOG 12volt, brushless motor and the controlling apparatus for said motor. I guess it stumped everyone, or it was entirely too boring to get a reply.

I finally listened to the voice in my head and contacted the manufacturer. The correspondence has been posted in my other thread for those who might be interested....

Now, with the manufacturers assistance, I am hunting for the following:

BLDC amplifier that is for a 3-phase BLDC motor with 120 degree timing

Once my greedy paws are on it I'll be done! Then I can post the work I'm currently performing on this site. Does anyone know of a marketplace where such a device may be attained?

Thanks in advance to any bone throwers! :)

Pete in TX

tomocar

Joined Jul 16, 2008
I'm curious what your application is. This is a very small motor; is it for a model or something like that? I'm familiar with larger BLDC motors for electric bikes and motorscooters. You can see a good example of BLDC motor speed controllers for these larger motors here: http://www.newkellycontroller.com/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=499 for instance. That way overkill for your motor however. You might be better off getting the controller from Moog. My guess is that the circuit is very complex and difficult for an amateur electronics buff. There are plenty of PCM power MOSFET DC motor control circuits out there for brushed motors but 3-phase BLDC is way more complex.