Black Box Tester Component Ideas

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Yusif Nurizade, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Yusif Nurizade

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Hello,

I am working on an electronics black box tester. For now my goal is to create a library of very simple programs that can be easily configured for different DAQs. I am starting with the obvious; Step Function, Impulse Function, Pulse Train, Adjustable Duty Cycle, Voltage Monitoring, Slew Rate, Overshoot, Low Pass/Bandpass/High Pass tester, etc. This library could be tiny or huge and I'd obviously prefer the latter so I could really use some ideas on what to include. Please throw out as many as come to mind, the more the better.

Thanks in advance,
    Yusif Nurizade

2. Danm1

Jul 19, 2010
    I think once you define the parameters of your tester, you will be able to get more feed back. And once you implement the ones you have, it will be a more concrete design that may itself drive future development.

Where would this actually be used?

3. Yusif Nurizade

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Thank you for the reply,

I don't currently have all the parameters for the tester because I am in the planning phase. Rather, I have basic things that I know it should do but I am looking for ideas on what else it should/could do that would be helpful. For example, I am currently working on step, impulse and pwm functions and response monitoring. I also plan to add filter analysis and temperature sensing.

My purpose for posting this thread is to get people's ideas about what else would be good on a Black Box Tester so I can make one that is more useful for everyone. The application is also meant to be adjustable so you could say, test charging on a battery or an impulse response for a circuit.

Forgive me if I'm not expressing myself well, the idea is still formulating in my head and forums help flush it out.

Thanks again,
    Yusif Nurizade