BK Precision triple output power supply mod

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by amandpm, Nov 5, 2014.

1. amandpm

Thread Starter Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Would like to use this to make some ionic silver and was going to set it up like figure 5 page 11 where the voltage can be regulated from 11 to 47 v with a continuous 0-500ma the idea behind making the ionic silver is you attach a positive to fine silver rod and the negative to another fine silver rod then put them into distilled water couple inch apart and let the process run until you get your silver solution.
    Just asking if this power supply unit would work for that process?
    Ideally i would like to keep the outflow at a constant 35-40v and more important a constant 100ma
    Also is there anything i could use that could auto switch the polarity every min or so?
    Here is the manual pdf file below of the power unit.

https://bkpmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/manuals/en-us/1670_manual.pdf

2. amandpm

Thread Starter Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Made a batch of ionic silver with the power supply today and did some readings @35vdc i was making the silver with 20mA so this did work but my goal is to drop the mA down to just 1mA with the same Vdc from what i understand is that i could go with a resistor or a potentiometer to lower the current down to 1mA is this correct? So now i just need to figure out what resistor or what value potentiometer to use.
    Thanks in advance for information