Bit of help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_wall0

Joined Feb 26, 2013
Hi just wondering if anyone can help, im trying to sort out some security for my land rover, a friend i know built a circuit when he was in school many years ago that needed a combination of inputs, eg in my land rover i would need to press the brake, indicate left then flash the lights before i could start it, only problem is he cant remember what he used, said it was a chip of some sort but cant remember the name. Any ideas what this is? and how i could go about building the circuit board or whatever? sorry in advance im not good with this sort of thing. thanks Chris

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Just warning you, this topic may be closed because it deals with automotive applications. The administrators of this site have decided not to allow modifications for safety and liability reasons, as stated in the terms of service (which I assume you read when you signed up for an account). You'd probably be better off asking this question at some automotive forums, or at electro-tech-online.com --another forum of which I am a member.

Good luck.
Matt

EDIT: Mr Chips, you beat me to it by about 10 seconds :p

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus