Biometric Home Safe

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Look up the application notes on microchip.com. They should have on for serial communication. IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE FOR THE 18f46k22 chip specified. It works the same for all of their chips. A discussion on a form with a conversation format will take you forever to learn by repeatedly asking questions here without a tutorial as a starting point.

Also, it is a fine idea as a demonstration but the cheap finger print readers can be fooled easily. Don't put anything valuable in that house.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My new iPhone has a fingerprint sensor, and it's part of the new ApplePay system. Maybe your project could use this approach. All the hard work of the sensor has been done for you.

Raghuvir_G

Joined Oct 27, 2014
Look up the application notes on microchip.com. They should have on for serial communication. IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE FOR THE 18f46k22 chip specified. It works the same for all of their chips. A discussion on a form with a conversation format will take you forever to learn by repeatedly asking questions here without a tutorial as a starting point.

Also, it is a fine idea as a demonstration but the cheap finger print readers can be fooled easily. Don't put anything valuable in that house.
Thanks for that... its just for a project and I wanted to try out finger print sensors... ofcourse I am not going to use this seriously... so the house is safe :)