binary to thermometric conversion

vikkie

Joined Dec 20, 2008
Hi,
I want to design a 4-16 decoder implementing thermometric code.I would appreciate it if anyone tell me how to do this at transistor level.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I Googled " thermometric code " and found more than wished for, except for a definition . Another 4 line[ non thermo.. ] decoder is 24 pin CMOS ,4515.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Thermometric code is simply binary code where each digit has the same place value. If you have a string of comparators, such as in a flash a/d converter, what you get out is thermometric code.

Eric

vikkie

Joined Dec 20, 2008
Thanx for the response.Actually i have to design it using CMOS transistors.I cannot use a built-in decoder.i want to know the design technique for this decoder

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Using duffy's example I came up with this scheme. Uses home built negative nand gates and + nor gates. It would be slow as there is a lot of rippling down. The outputs are inverted.Page was not big enough for 12-15.

Attachments

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
If a few pins are strapped together the 4007 gives three CMOS transistors, but how can they be converted into and gates?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
If a few pins are strapped together the 4007 gives three CMOS transistors, but how can they be converted into and gates?
Who cares. Small error on print, gate 11 out should go to gate in nor's on 10. also ,all1's inputs are paralled,as with 2's 4's & 8's.