Bill Marsden Help

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello

This request goes out to Mr. Marsden OR anyone else who has access to the magazine.

A while ago a person posted looking for a Timer Circuit, 10sec. for an electric torpedo he was working on.

Mr. Marsden replied that: ultra small timers were in the Dec issue of Nut's and Volts.

I can`t find that information, can you post the Schematic Circuit and possibly how to alter the run time length?

Also Yes I did do a search for the information - No Luck
Thank You.

George

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hi spinnaker

Yes I do BUT I was following up with Bernard`s post 6 and found mention of that other circuit.

Just can`t find it`s schematic.

George

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi spinnaker

Yes I do BUT I was following up with Bernard`s post 6 and found mention of that other circuit.

Just can`t find it`s schematic.

George
Double posting is frowned upon here. People will help you in your thread but you have to be patient. It could take days even a week or so before someone that has the answer is there to help.

Timer circuits are not all that difficult there are thousand of them out there.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The article is in December, 2011 N&V. The timer uses a surface mount 10F200 PIC microcontroller; all the other parts are also surface mount. Here's a copy of the schematic, but it's worthless without the code, and the code is worthless unless you can load it in the PIC.

Attachments

Last edited:

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hi Tracecom

Thank you for the circuit and the news. Well without the code the circuit is a pretty little desk display, I guess. Anyone have the code for it?

Thanks again for the news. I did NOT intend to double post as spinnaker pointed out. I thought that the Magazine article circuit was a different approach to my 555 circuit request. Thought it would be nice to have an alternate opinion with a different approach to do what I was looking for.

Thanks Again for the Help.

George

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
On Bernard's post # 6, on the 4060 timer there is an error, cap on pin11, other end goes to two resistors and not to ground; pen slipped? I have a slight modification using a FDD6530A N ch FET, L.L. & Rds of 35 mΩ. 4060 also comes in SM. as is FET at about 1/4 in square.Advantage is small value caps
How did the corvette turret control, sound effect, & muzzle flash work out?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brevor Off-Topic 30
MrChips Off-Topic 17
K Digital Design 7
J General Electronics Chat 9
S Off-Topic 0