BH Fitness Pioneer Star Controller Board

ajayagarwal22

Joined Mar 10, 2013
I have got BH Fitness Pioneer Star G6445 Treadmill. Something in Controller board blown while using the treadmill. When the technician replaced that board with a old board from another treadmill, it is giving a lot of noise which was not there earlier. The transformer neer the board is also radiating excessive heat. What could be the reason and what i should do now?

stevemcd

Joined Mar 8, 2013
I've had a bit of experience with treadmills and similar - but not that model.

First up, switch it off and get the technician back. Transformers are generally thermally stable - they reach an operating temperature consistent with their design and power output, and stay there. If a transformer starts overheating, there is usually something drawing too much power on the secondary (output side), which suggests the replacement board is not compatible with the original board or the replacement has a fault.

You could inspect the board visually for obvious signs (heat damaged componenents etc) but they are fairly complex and are very seldom repaired in the field (or in the lab for that matter). Any fault diagnosed at board level generally leads to a new board (of the correct spec!)

ajayagarwal22

Joined Mar 10, 2013
Thanks, Now the technician is saying that all boards in these machines are same and there is some problem with DC motor. The board is again went off. Dis play is coming but on starting it is again giving E1 error. Drive controller has gone off.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I've had a bit of experience with treadmills and similar - but not that model.

First up, switch it off and get the technician back. Transformers are generally thermally stable - they reach an operating temperature consistent with their design and power output, and stay there. If a transformer starts overheating, there is usually something drawing too much power on the secondary (output side), which suggests the replacement board is not compatible with the original board or the replacement has a fault.

You could inspect the board visually for obvious signs (heat damaged componenents etc) but they are fairly complex and are very seldom repaired in the field (or in the lab for that matter). Any fault diagnosed at board level generally leads to a new board (of the correct spec!)
Do you know larger transformers? They develope so much heat. They must be cooled or they burn out.