BF999 Spice Model

Bruce Griffing

Joined Jun 16, 2009
I have searched far and wide to find a BF999 RF MOSFET model. I am presently using a very simple equation based model, but would like something more realistic. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce Griffing

Joined Jun 16, 2009
Bertus -
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I had already found that file - it contains a spice s parameter file. It is intended for higher frequencies than I am using in this case. I realize that the BF999 will have a higher noise figure at lower frequencies, but that does not matter for my application.
Bruce

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Bertus -
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I had already found that file - it contains a spice s parameter file. It is intended for higher frequencies than I am using in this case. I realize that the BF999 will have a higher noise figure at lower frequencies, but that does not matter for my application.
Bruce
Why did you choose BF999 for your application, as opposed to another device?

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I wanted a MOSFET to work up to 50MHz with low input and output capacitance. It also has ~20mS of transconductance.
It does look like a nice part. I doubt you will find a spice model. I remember seeing RF BJTs that had s-parameter specs. I couldn't find spice models for them.