Beverage ordering system uart pic16f877a

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
Hi guys, i am doing a beverage ordering system for my mini project, customer on each table will order beverage through keypad and the data will be send to a main station . In the customer pic microcontroler program , i plan to store data as table number, type or drinks they order, while in the receive part i plan to display out the data for a few seconds for the worker to look at.

The problem is , now my receiving part i am using a interrupt to get data and display in lcd, this only works well , when i have one customer, if a number of customer sends data i will have problem

Can someone suggest me a idea how to solve it, i am using bluettoh xbee to send data

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You need to use a communications protocol based on CDMA technology (code division multiple access).

There are some simple solutions that you can implement.

1) Each client station sends its data and waits for an acknowledgement. If an acknowledgement is not received within a set timeout period the data is resent after waiting an amount of delay time that increases on each retry.

2) The master console prompts each client station in a round robin fashion and each client station sends its current status and data only when requested.

I personally prefer the second method.