Best way to learn Solidworks

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by embedded.world, Apr 19, 2014.

1. embedded.world

Thread Starter Member

Feb 27, 2014
    What is the best way to learn solidworks.

I have bought one book & learning from it along with software.

Anyone from experience suggest best book for beginners in solidwork or any online tutorial which will be right way to start?

2. blah2222

May 3, 2010
    I would say the best way would be to get familiar with the basic controls and functionality, and then to just play around with it.

3. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Agree with blah2222. Unless you can take a course at a local school, just set a project to duplicate an object. Use online tutorials, YouTube, your book, program HELP files, and Solidworks forums to create that object. I'm using GeoMagic (was Alibre...poor man's Solidworks) and find that I learn best by tackling real world things. A lot of the tutorials go over my head until I have a use for them. I've found forums a great resource when I get stuck...then go back and reread the tutorials.

Ken

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  5. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Just do it.

And remember, symmetry is your friend.

6. GM11

Sep 8, 2013
    In the solid works help menu is a couple of tutorials, I started by doing them over and over and over and over again! I still never really got to grips with it but the tutorials were good.
    Solidworks has many video tutorials on you tube, some official some not, the official ones are fairly short but are very good start point, the unofficial ones are good once you know where the stuff is in the menu's.
    Solidworks above all else is not a program for spectators! You have to dive in with it, start with the tutorials in the help menu section.