Best sites for datasheets

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The mechanical drawing so I can a) build a solid model and b) define the PCB footprint.

As far as I can tell it is all there, they give the footprint for one, the rest (8) are mated to each other, in a block they share a common mounting post as in TM5RC-88.
Max.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
As far as I can tell it is all there, they give the footprint for one, the rest (8) are mated to each other, in a block they share a common mounting post as in TM5RC-88.
Max.
I have no idea how you came to this conclusion, but you are a far more trusting soul than I. I can't afford to make such assumptions.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
My logic is that why would a company sell a 8 gang connector and only show the footprint for one?
I interpret the drawing as the next inline is indexed via the position of the shared mounting leg or post as per the 8 gang picture.
Max.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
My logic is that why would a company sell a 8 gang connector and only show the footprint for one?
I interpret the drawing as the next inline is indexed via the position of the shared mounting leg or post as per the 8 gang picture.
Max.
Yet there are multiple models with one port. And none of them have the same root p/n. And, they show other models with 2, 3, and 4 ports. Face it, they are missing the spec for the 8 port model.

There is a Tek p/n to OEM p/n list too just like there is for HP

I like Keithley's older manuals. The few times I've asked Keithley to ID an obsolete part, there were not any issues. What;s missing is how some parts are "selected".

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yet there are multiple models with one port. And none of them have the same root p/n. And, they show other models with 2, 3, and 4 ports. Face it, they are missing the spec for the 8 port model.
I was on the Hirose site last night for a DXF file and noticed the TMRJ1-4848 is on there in IGES and DXF 3D model in each if you have a way of reading them.
Max.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
http://www.hirose-connectors.com/connectors/H204ProductListCompareNew.aspx?clprm=02221366150&mode=04
You have to register first, if you need either one I download them for the heck of it while I was there.
I can post if you wish.
Max.
Thanks Max.

While I appreciate your efforts sincerely, I will not be using the part.

Sorry, it is a principle thing. If Hirose (or any manufacturer) insists on making it this difficult to run down data on their parts, I am not interested. Registration should not be required.

I am quite successful at keeping my spam to a minimum, and one of the ways I do that is to keep my personal info to myself as much as possible.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Thanks Max.

While I appreciate your efforts sincerely, I will not be using the part.

Sorry, it is a principle thing. If Hirose (or any manufacturer) insists on making it this difficult to run down data on their parts, I am not interested. Registration should not be required.

I am quite successful at keeping my spam to a minimum, and one of the ways I do that is to keep my personal info to myself as much as possible.
Years back I cancelled my landline because it was ringing all day with nuisance telemarketers.

Whenever a form has a required field phone number - I type that number in.