Best Circuit Simulator software???

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Nara Shikamaru, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nara Shikamaru

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Hey Everybody!, Wich one Do You Think is the Best Circuit (digital, analog and PICs) Simulator????.....For example.... I use Electronics Workbench, Multisim and Proteus Isis (Proteus vsm).....as far as i can see, Proteus is the Best!......so what are your thoughts?....or do you have other ones wich are better?

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Proteus, Multisim, and Tina are all great products. Electronics Workbench was bought by National Instruments and is now called multisim.

There are others tied for second place, Overall, I've seen multisim running in most shops i've been at, though they also have all the others. Tina is very good for switching power supplies, inductance interference simulation, etc.

I don't think only one exists that has all the features (including ease of use), but those come closest.

TO2 likes this.
  3. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    I use LTspice, which is totally free, uncastrated (unlike most demos and student versions), has models for many of Linear Technology's products, and can easily import models from other manufacturers.

4. Giggabyte

Sep 19, 2008
    multisim !

5. lucada317

Apr 3, 2009
    p-spice, expensive, but i hear there u can torrent it up for free, but i wouldnt condone that

6. Nara Shikamaru

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    yeah but the problem with Pspice is that you cant simulate digital circuits with PICs.....for example....in Proteus you can used any PIC, put the circuit together, and inside the program itself, you can "program" the PIC and it will simulate everything!

7. Salgat

Dec 23, 2006
    Which one do companies in general usually use?

8. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
  9. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    Pardon my spoon in your plate; which one runs directly on Ubuntu Linux ?

10. nicky

Mar 25, 2008
    There are some open source simulators that run on Linux ( ubuntu or otherwise) :

qucs, ng-spice, and gnu-cap.

However, the don't hold a candle to Proteus...

11. Ali raza saleem

May 10, 2009
    proteus rocks!!!

12. millwood

I would vote for LTSpice: free, easy to use, fast, lots of fan support, etc. it does 99% of what I need.

if I need more, I use OrCAD - more models and a proven product.

You can get a PSpice (OrCAD) student version for free.

13. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    My favorite is the Falstad one. Its limited for serious work, but very easy and quick to use for understanding how some circuit works. You can build almost anything in it. I love it.

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

I find pspice is annoying to use for simple circuits but the above simulator does it in seconds.

If you want a good logic simulator I recommend Cedar Logic. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/CEDAR-Logic-Simulator.shtml

I like it for the same reason as the falstad one. Easy and fast.

14. zy_shaaban

Nov 16, 2014
    I use circuits cloud , which is free online simulator . [http://circuits-cloud.com/]
    it's very user friendly , easy to use and flexibility to share your circuit with another user .

15. Ron Miller

Sep 10, 2015
    I prefer to work on my phone.

I use Digital electronics calculator prior to designing circuits for minimizing boolean functions and for Hexadecimal arithematic while coding.

For simulation , you can use proteus as there is no digital electronics simulator available on android yet.

16. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Replied to a post almost ten months ago is not a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.