Best cheap Bench PSU

MABDALLA

Joined Jan 21, 2014
In need of a bench psu 0-30v and up to 10amps atleast

I seen quite a few on ebay…but its important that i get one that is close as possible to be accurate

Ive never owned a bench power supply and need advice from those of you who have

thanks.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Check out Mastech power supplies ... Most times Google the power supply and you will find plenty of reviews and different ones too...

MABDALLA

Joined Jan 21, 2014
Yea everyone says Mastech…I suppose it will need some modifications what i need is for testing laptop motherboards…I need to inject anywhere between 1 to 20vs up to atleast 10amps at times…i need it to be accurate as possible …what mods should i consider doing to achieve this?

Zerotolerance

Joined Sep 18, 2011
MasTech is a good hobbyist power supply. So, If you don't have a daily need for a PSU I would go with MasTech. Nothing really wrong with them, just don't think they can take the constant abuse to well if thats your intent. I re-read your subject line. MasTech is the best cheapest PSU you can buy. I don't think they have the best circuit protection in them.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
After you repair it the first time and put in larger spec components and better cooling it will probably last 20 years. :)

GRNDPNDR

Joined Mar 1, 2012
After you repair it the first time and put in larger spec components and better cooling it will probably last 20 years. :)

Not to derail this thread, but what would need to be replaced in a 30V 5A power supply to give it higher current? say maybe 10 or 20A?

Possibly even higher voltage?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I would assume quite a bit of components would need to be replaced to accomplish that.
Hmm.!

How about the bridge & caps & SMPS Tx & rectifiers and the whole current limit circuit or may be software and the casing plus PCB wires and tracks.

Basically not much but the whole supply in short.