best book for programming PIC controller

ect_09

Joined May 6, 2012
Hello,
what is the prerequisite(books) of PIC as some one going to start from beginner level.
any tutorials or lectures that might be helpful to understand well the instruction use in programming and execting well. (just learn C++ but not so good with it)
which software you can suggest to use for PIC.
i want to work with PIC18f452 because i just purchased it.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
What language do you want to use, i started on Assembly language as it was the first to come out, now there are others, start by looking at each language, see which suits you, then get the books for that course on Amazon or other sites.

Get the datasheets and software hints for the pics your working with fromMicrochip

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Free S/W is the MPLAB from microchip.
There are a few more projects and tutorials out there for the 16F series, but the 18F is the better move to, IMO.
I have a fairly decent book in electronic format on the 18F if you care to send a PM with email add, I can send it over.
There are also sample files on the 16F & 18F on the Picmicro site PICDEM-2 board section, one for the 18F452, however they are using relocatable assembly rather than absolute, absolute is a bit easier during the learning stage.
Source of source code:
http://pic-rosa.blogspot.ca/2007/09/source-code-for-pic.html
Max.

Last edited:

ect_09

Joined May 6, 2012
i read for Hi-Tech compiler. what about that???
c18 vs Hi-tech???
what is compiler actually??? its usage??