Bertus, I'm confused...

magyar666

Joined Jan 8, 2014
I'm a new forum member, and I confess I didn't really read that Terms of Conditional Parole or whatever while registering; I stumbled into a thread from yesterday that you shut down (How to Incinerate Your Mini Cooper). When I first got into electronics 40+ years ago a "unity device" was any amp with a gain ratio of 1.0, ie., output same amplitude as input. What do you have against amplifiers?
2. What if the device was ACCIDENTALLY designed to electrocute another person?
3. "Transformer-less power supplies'? Really? No voltage-divider networks? Have you seen the new digital reference voltage stuff over at Analog Devices? Do you own stock in a laquered-wire manufacturer?

I apologize if in actuality English is a second language, but what are you talkin' about?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
The terms of service are settled on by the owners of AAC, which does not include bertus.

It seems you haven't read them yet again. The terms state over-unity is off topic - more power out than power in.

Transformerless supplies refers to connecting to mains voltage without an isolation transformer.

If it is an accidental electrocution, how can you design for it. Come on, you're just reaching there.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I'm a new forum member, and I confess I didn't really read that Terms of Conditional Parole or whatever while registering; I stumbled into a thread from yesterday that you shut down (How to Incinerate Your Mini Cooper). When I first got into electronics 40+ years ago a "unity device" was any amp with a gain ratio of 1.0, ie., output same amplitude as input. What do you have against amplifiers?
2. What if the device was ACCIDENTALLY designed to electrocute another person?
3. "Transformer-less power supplies'? Really? No voltage-divider networks? Have you seen the new digital reference voltage stuff over at Analog Devices? Do you own stock in a laquered-wire manufacturer?

I apologize if in actuality English is a second language, but what are you talkin' about?
You are not off to a good start here.

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
I'm sure those parts of the forum rules are meant to provide some legal protection to the forum. Modifying cars can violate automotive safety laws. Building transformerless power supplies can (if you don't know what you're doing) lead to electrocution. Disallowing discussion on those things means someone can't say "my loved one died/is in jail because your forum told him how to do such and such".

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I see that some of our regular members already gave some of the answers.

The owners of the forum made the rules.
They are to protect the users and owner of the forum.
The other moderators and I only enforce the given rules.

As for the electrocution stuff:
Topics like taser and stun guns are not allowed over here.
We also can be a bit care full on high voltage projects.

We have safety as a high standard over here as also a lot of younger people visit this site.
We have members that are only 12 or 13 years old.

Bertus

PS English is also not my first language.
My first language is Dutch.

hmmmm so in theory then I cant post about my new car invention, a over unity HHO high voltage engine and 110,000V taser immobilizer??
shame all i need to finish it is a transformer less supply :(, why do you hate my perpetual motion car so much!!!

Actualy its ok, only thing I am allowed to drive is a small tractor! and its diesel, with 2 cylinders!! but I am planning on fitting a flux capacitor! just waiting for it to arrive from China :D:D:D

oh well back to my phone jammer project!

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Every forum has its own rules, whatever you like or not, because you are here so you have to follow the rules.

Yes, I like to discussing about the car, discussing about the transformerless power supply, but they are all against the rules of here, because I want to stay here, so I did following the rules, maybe you don't need to see any rules, but you just follow what other users saying and Super Moderator saying, what they are saying always have their reasons, you just follow and follow as what I did or others did.

Here also still have some others not the rules but they are the common sense, when you staying a little longer maybe you will know that.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hello,

PS English is also not my first language.
My first language is Dutch.
As a kid I used to listen to Radio Nederland in Hilversum. I still have their "Dutch By Radio" course and disc.

All I can remember is:

Dag, Bertus.

Ik ben blij, en jij?

ETO are currently in the middle of changing there rules! no idea if they will ban over unity etc, in all honesty you have to ask why there isnt technical sites dedicated to it, if its so good ;).
Only thing I have seen along those lines that is really cool, is wood gasifacation stoves!
but they hardly practical for transport lol.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
ETO are currently in the middle of changing there rules! no idea if they will ban over unity etc, in all honesty you have to ask why there isnt technical sites dedicated to it, if its so good ;).[...]
There are actually(well, how technical can it really be?), one that comes to mind is aptly named, but I'm not going to link it to avoid them getting a few hundred more hits and feel they are gaining traction.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
ETO are currently in the middle of changing there rules! no idea if they will ban over unity etc, in all honesty you have to ask why there isnt technical sites dedicated to it, if its so good ;).
Only thing I have seen along those lines that is really cool, is wood gasifacation stoves!
but they hardly practical for transport lol.
The current draft of the new rule set does not ban over-unity discussions, but it is to be treated the same way as religious or political ones. In general they should be avoided, but if one is started and any sort of flaming starts there's a good chance the thread will be closed without notice.

That was when I last edited the draft. I don't believe it has changed since then, though.