Benedict's Solution

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I remember when I was Grade V, we experiment our urine with this, Benedict's Solution. I remember that once the solution's color became red, brick red, something like that, our urine contains many sugar. Therefore, once the urine became read, person had a U T I, diabetes, something like that.

Now, I don't know if it can be bought from the pharmacy over the counter, without any approval letter. Is this can be bought from the pharmacy over the counter?

I have read also articles about testing your urine by using this solution, Benedict's Solution and found out that after benedict's solution and urine has been combined in a test tube, you have to heat this test tube about 40 to 50 degrees celcius. But, I don't know what should I use to heat the test tube. So, how?

Thanks a lot

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have this vision of your Mom catching you heating it on the stove. :D Not a good thought (but funny).

Are you using pyrex glass? You could always use a light bulb or a candle with a wire frame.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I am going to use a test tube. :) So now, where should I put a light bulb? near the test tube? P.S. I guess, I would use my 50 watts incandescent if ever

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If your going to use a test tube a candle or Bunsen burner would make more sense. 50W will not do much heating, unless you are willing to stand around and wait all day (OK, 30 minutes or more). The problem with light bulbs is the heat is on the inside. If you were using a box like an easy oven then it would be OK, but in the open the heat is all around the glass of the bulb, not concentrated.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Um, if I remember correctly/If I am not mistaken, when I was Grade V, we don't use any heater. Um, we just mixed the Benedict's Solution and that's all.

Please help. How about microwave/oven toaster? Can it?

THANK YOU

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Would you want to eat toast or popcorn that was around urine? If you are just wanting to warm this solution how about the sidewalk on a sunny day? I don't know what it is like where you are, but here we could cook eggs on concrete.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Would you want to eat toast or popcorn that was around urine? If you are just wanting to warm this solution how about the sidewalk on a sunny day? I don't know what it is like where you are, but here we could cook eggs on concrete.
SORRY SORRY!!!!!:(:(:(:(
Um, I guess the normal temperature on us is about 35 degress celsius...............:D:D