belkin surge

aac9876

Joined Dec 9, 2006
I bought a Belkin surge suppressor travel plug with ac and dc on Amazon in 2010.
It says it has a lifetime warranty. and you can claim the value of the stuff it fries.
Is this right??? if it fries an XM radio again I can get them to replace it..??? Anyone know anything about this..???

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This thread has nothing to do with buying or selling hardware, so I have moved it out of the Flea Market forum.

As to your problem, this sounds to me like it should be covered by warranty, but other people may easily have more expertise. Don't sit on it too long though.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually, in the case of lightning strikes, an electrician usually certifies the things that were blown up. This is when you are using home owners insurance.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Actually, in the case of lightning strikes, an electrician usually certifies the things that were blown up.
Very true Bill. I signed quite a few affidavits concerning lightning damage to electronic equipment.

I did notice the power supply bridge diodes that typically opened were the two connected to the return side of the power.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Some where is my posting about plasma T.V.,I had stopped by a T.V.

shop that was doing a lot of plasma work.I didn't ask,but in conversation

the owner mentioned forms that the power company was paying direct.

Things like that you remember, a power company paying,that would be new.

I had seen a lot of strikes that followed from the mast thru the house ripping

walls to the back of the T.V. no doubt about it. It depended on the insurance

company some would ok over the phone,the policy holder would pay me direct.