battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrogirl

Joined Feb 1, 2014
I would like to charge a battery as it is drawn upon from a light that:

v/c: AC85-260v/ .6~1.6A

W: 160w

The light will be on for at most 12 hours. I will be using hydro turbines to create electricity.

Any recommendations?

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
Do you want to know how to choose a battery or do you have more general questions about the whole system?

What is your generator's output range?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I would like to charge a battery as it is drawn upon from a light that:

v/c: AC85-260v/ .6~1.6A

W: 160w

The light will be on for at most 12 hours. I will be using hydro turbines to create electricity.

Any recommendations?
My recommendation would be to use an off the shelf charger. Sunforce makes a very good line and their techs are very helpful.

And you need to put a lot more effort into your posts if you want help.

For example what is 160w mean? Is that the wattage of you bulb? Or the total watts consumed?

If is is the wattage of your bulb then you are going to need a pretty big bank and a turbine to match to do the charging.

Rosum2

Joined Aug 13, 2013
It would be much easier to help you figure out what is needed if you would post the voltage of the bulb, the charger output voltage and current etc.
I see you posted the standard switching input voltage of around 86 to 250 or so ac @ up to 1.6 amps. Just didn't state what the output voltage is. Also need the voltage of the bulb you plan to use. all these have to match their needs. This power supply mentioned may not be adequate to supple enough power at only 1.6 amps from the primary supply.
There are several ways to achieve your needs if all the data is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.