Battery

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
How about a door stop? Or a paper weight? You could also use it as a piece of art and admire it while hanging it inside a picture frame.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
It's little wonder new members don't hang around for too long!

New123 please elaborate. To what other uses are you refering?

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It's little wonder new members don't hang around for too long!
When somebody starts a thread with absolutely no information or question to answer, exactly what answer should he expect?

IMHO, it's not too much to expect an actual question. My crystal ball is in the shop.:p

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
My crystal ball is in the shop.
I threw mine at someone when I ran out of batteries....

Seriously though, here's the information we got from the OP:
1. I have a battery.
2. I want to do something with this battery
3. There was a question mark, so it must be a question

A question that isn't well thought out will elicit a response on par.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
I'm well aware of the information from the OP and a list isn't really necessary, I understand, I too have a balll, and I'll stick to my previous response. :p

New123

Joined Jan 3, 2013
pretty funny yea im a noob, entertain yourselves. I need to be able to hook it up to a + & - with the protection circuit.

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
pretty funny yea im a noob, entertain yourselves. I need to be able to hook it up to a + & - with the protection circuit.
Hi New123,

You might want to provide more info, like what type of battery, what do you want to connect to etc, maybe a better picture.

If you ask the right question, you will get some good help. :)

JMac3108

Joined Aug 16, 2010
I need to make my lap top battery for other uses?
New123, do you know that your laptop battery is made form LiIon cells that are extremely dangerous and can explode if not handled charged/discahrged properly? These are a serious safety hazard - don't mess with them unless you know exactly what you are doing.

i normaly just take them out of their original case and see if will take a charge if it's old and replaced i dout it will be of much use. usaly fail to hold decent charge then just recycle them. inside the case their will probly be a bunch of C ish batery sized sells in series.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I carefully took apart a Lithium-Ion laptop battery.
I used pairs of two cells in series without the protection circuit and the batteries powered an electric radio-controlled airplane. The battery got hot and the motor stopped until the battery cooled then the airplane flew again until the battery voltage ran down too low. Luckily the batteries did not catch on fire.

I charged each battery to 8.40V with current limiting and luckily the cells were pretty well balanced.