battery tester/timer

avenge the rage

Joined Nov 11, 2008
Hope there is someone with good electrical knowledge on here i need a wiring diagram for a battery tester/timer.

Spec's:
* For testing 6v - 8ah and 5ah batterys
* It needs to use no more than a 24v supply
* i want it to do a count to 10 lighting up 10 leds (using a 555timer and a decade counter) - as this is happening i need the
0 - 7 voltmeter to check the battery that will be hooked up and when all the leds are lit (after 10 seconds) for it to all reset/finish testing

So basically as i am at a total loss on how to do all this, very limited electrical knowledge! i would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

i hope someone will have the time to draw me a wiring diagram of how i can do this! as i am totally at a loss when it comes to compiling all this or knowing what resistors and types of chip etc. that i need. I also need it to be either CMOS or TTL, and the chips need to be only one or the other.

i have access to all the components i need resistors, leds, etc.

I hope someone will point me in the direction of help!

please contact me via E-mail if you can help!
If you are good at this sort of thing but un-wiling to spend some of your time on this as it may take a while to do, or possibly 5mins if you are really good?

I would consider some type of compensation for your time taken for a good wiring diagram ;) $

Thank you

Last edited:

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
why would you need a battery tester and timer together??
The Battery tester you gonna build will be used for checking the voltage isn't it?
Zenners and transistors would be sufficent for that.

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Well I've drafted one... Would be something like this

Please dont jump in immediately.. I've made a rough figure... The rest people will adjust the values for you. Is this what you want?

Attachments