battery tester/timer

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by avenge the rage, Jan 13, 2009.

1. avenge the rage

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Hope there is someone with good electrical knowledge on here i need a wiring diagram for a battery tester/timer.

Spec's:
    * For testing 6v - 8ah and 5ah batterys
    * It needs to use no more than a 24v supply
    * i want it to do a count to 10 lighting up 10 leds (using a 555timer and a decade counter) - as this is happening i need the
    0 - 7 voltmeter to check the battery that will be hooked up and when all the leds are lit (after 10 seconds) for it to all reset/finish testing

So basically as i am at a total loss on how to do all this, very limited electrical knowledge! i would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

i hope someone will have the time to draw me a wiring diagram of how i can do this! as i am totally at a loss when it comes to compiling all this or knowing what resistors and types of chip etc. that i need. I also need it to be either CMOS or TTL, and the chips need to be only one or the other.

i have access to all the components i need resistors, leds, etc.

I hope someone will point me in the direction of help!

please contact me via E-mail if you can help!
    If you are good at this sort of thing but un-wiling to spend some of your time on this as it may take a while to do, or possibly 5mins if you are really good?

I would consider some type of compensation for your time taken for a good wiring diagram ;) $

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
    why would you need a battery tester and timer together??
    The Battery tester you gonna build will be used for checking the voltage isn't it?
    Zenners and transistors would be sufficent for that.

3. avenge the rage

Nov 11, 2008
    We are doing it as we need to do it for a project and have to implement them together.

4. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
    Please don't post your e-mail address in public. It will be a great discussion here when the admin's see it.

5. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
  6. avenge the rage

Nov 11, 2008
    thats great mate, thasnks. but how would i go about the counter part? thats the bit i need most?

7. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
    Well I've drafted one... Would be something like this
    [​IMG]

Please dont jump in immediately.. I've made a rough figure... The rest people will adjust the values for you. Is this what you want?