Battery selector and Comparator

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by asvinimurugaiyan, May 21, 2013.

1. asvinimurugaiyan

Thread Starter New Member

May 21, 2013
    Hi friends,
    Here i have attached a circuit file.In that circuit VOUT is dropped, when the comparator is connected to the circuit. What is reason for that voltage drop?. Is there any solution for that?. please refer my attachment file.

2. asvinimurugaiyan

May 21, 2013
    Hi friends,
    Here i have attached a circuit file.In that circuit VOUT is dropped, when the boost regulator is connected to the circuit.we are using NCP1402 boost regulator. What is reason for that voltage drop?. Is there any solution for that?. please refer my attachment file.

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You've shown the comparator as a 2-pin device. I don't know what that means. Are you referring to just the power pins?

RamaD likes this.
  4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The drawing is pretty incoherent. This is not meant as an insult, but do you know what a comparator is? Or what is the boost regulator, have a data sheet?

5. asvinimurugaiyan

May 21, 2013
    comparator is 14pin LM319N ic. i m just put the block in the circuit.

6. asvinimurugaiyan

May 21, 2013
    boost regulator is NCP1402. i m having a datasheet.drawing is not important. "what logic in that?" that's matter........... ok.......

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Uh, no. Accurate schematics are vital. It's like asking how tall is that without giving a clue what item/person you are talking about. Very few people here can read minds.

RamaD likes this.
  8. asvinimurugaiyan

May 21, 2013
    without clue ah???? what clue you want? i told , we are using NCP1402 boost regulator na.

9. RamaD

Dec 4, 2009
    What do you want the circuit to do?
    The MOSFET symbol is not clear at all. The gate is opposite to the source terminal and the
    arrow is connected to the source terminal from the middle. It is not the case with your diagram. Which is the source and drain in your diagram?

10. asvinimurugaiyan

May 21, 2013
    In MOSFET, 1.2V power connected to source, and the output taken at the drain. we are using IRLML6402 MOSFET.

11. RamaD

Dec 4, 2009
    Gate is not made sufficiently negative to turn on the MOSFET. Voltage dropping is because the MOSFET is in linear region - barely into conduction, if at all!

12. Ramussons

May 3, 2013
    What does the comparator(s) compare?

Ramesh