Battery questions by Raheel Niaz

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by bertus, Oct 23, 2010.

1. bertus

Thread Starter Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I found this in an email with the title " plz answer this ".

As I do not answer en email I post the question here:

This is the message:
    Q1_ Mention the special provisions in room for large size battery and their charging procedure?
    Q2_Describe the procedure for installation of busbars / battery leads and earthing arrangements?
    plz answer these questions. urgently required

As This looks like a home work assignment, show us what you have done upto now.

Bertus

2. Raheel Niaz

Aug 6, 2010
    plz give me little knowledge or main steps of these questions. i am going to Prepare my assignment bur i have no knowledge about this

3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    What type of batteries are you studying? It can make a difference.

How big is "large?" For example, if you are studying lead-acid batteries and you intend to charge a whole bank of them, say 10 deep deep- cycle marine batteries, in a room that is 300 cm X 200 cm X 250 cm, then you need to consider ventilation to get rid of the hydrogen and oxygen that is formed in the process. On the other hand, if you are charging LiPo's in a log cabin, fire may be your greatest risk.

John

4. Raheel Niaz

Aug 6, 2010
    i m talking about the batteries which are used in telecom exchanges

5. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    You need to first find out their chemistry. I suspect they may be lead-acid. Do you understand the chemistry of the battery type you are considering? If not, look it up. There is a section in the ebook for this site that describes batteries.

Please show what work you have done in attempting to solve these questions.

John