Battery Powered LEDs

Andrew216

Joined Jun 24, 2015
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share something I have been working on for awhile now! A lot of members from this site has helped guide me in getting this thing right so I thank you! Here we have battery powered LEDs (Currently Rev A) that are activated and deactivated using a hall effect. Some changes I have considered will be moving the batteries into parallel and using a doubler instead of a regulator, switching to a hall effect with sleep mode, and exploring new MCUs that have very low current consumption.( not to mention my silk screen with wrong polarity for the CCRs lol) Any ideas on prolonging battery life other than what I have mentioned is for surely welcome! Thank you guys and gals! IF anyone would like the code I generated for this to use for their own purposes let me know! It will fade off after 30 seconds with the magnet removed and will instantly turn off when the magnet is reintroduced.

Attachments

tranzz4md

Joined Apr 10, 2015
Looks kinda cool,,, I guess. Im just wondering what it is, or does, that a flashlight doesn't do.

As far as battery life goes, I find that many hate coin cells as much as I do; use AAAs or AAs.

We don't really like pushy salespeople, but maybe a little telling us what it does or can be used for.....

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Not sure what you are saying? These are not sales project, just projects you can duplicate if you are interested. Take them or leave them as is.

Andrew216

Joined Jun 24, 2015
I don't believe I tried to sell anything Sir. In fact, if you take the time to read the threads you will see me reaching out for help several times solving issues with my design. Considering this is the completed project section I figured I would share what everyone has helped me accomplish. If someone were to ask me what it can be used for then I would be happy to answer but we don't really like pushy people around here so I'll save that answer for someone else. Thanks for viewing my project!!

tranzz4md

Joined Apr 10, 2015
Im sorry if somehow i was misunderstood. I have accused NO ONE of selling ANYTHING.

Im having a very difficult time understanding just what this device is intended to do, or what it can be used for. It may well be an ingenious device for a certain task, but it is not clear what that may be.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A fancy joule thief, which can increase the lighting levels many fold.

The moderating staff has noticed that the software did not make it. Given that this is critical in duplicating the project it must be included, else this thread is going to the projects forum.

Remember, this forum is not to show off projects, but to document projects to the point others can duplicate it they wish. Bragging rights are just part of the package.

Andrew216

Joined Jun 24, 2015
I have never uploaded code to this site before, is there a special procedure I should take to upload it? Which ever is easiest for people is fine by me! This design is pretty old to me now because I have lost the hall effect completely and instead used a capsense approach to this design. Basically, it is for backlighting whatever you want without the liability of being tied into anythings main power line. Battery operated, doubler or charge pump to gain over head voltage, PWM for the LEDs, while trying to stay small as possible and as cheap as possible, with a life of 3 years out of the batteries were my main goals.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Zip files are always a good way to pack unconventional files. We also have a BB Code format for such uses.

A project must be both complete and completely archived on this forum.

If the software is not included next Monday this thread will be moved. If the thread is brought into specification I'll be doing a large amount of post deletions to make it cleaner. I'll also add it to the index.

Last edited: