Battery level indicator

Tomas4174

Joined Oct 28, 2016
Great morning,
today I got three battery level indicators with 4 pins (IN, GND, GND, VCC). When I was about to buy it, it was like "Yeah, one is + and one -". Now I contacted the seller and they sent me a circuit (see the picture). Now can you explain it so I can understand it (for ex. + goes to VCC or something like that)
I believe in you guys, please help me out

Attachments

Tomas4174

Joined Oct 28, 2016
Thank you for answering but an you more specify it?
Talk to me like to a beginner. I am at the very start. Really just like that: plus connect to VCC and so on

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
OK, can you follow this diagram.?
I am assuming you want to measure 0v to +12vDC and you have a +12v for the module.
What is the voltage you want to measure and what power supplies do you have, batteries etc.?
E

Attachments

Tomas4174

Joined Oct 28, 2016
That is way better for me, thank you. I just do not know the difference between the input and the supply
For the specification: I will use a 5V rechargeable battery. It used to be a powerbank.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi T,
The KA2284 can be powered by a voltage from 3.5v to 16v, this is the Supply voltage to the KA,

The input voltage is the voltage you want to measure.

The KA draws only 15mA from the Supply voltage.

E

Tomas4174

Joined Oct 28, 2016
So if I understood that right: I should connect the battery to IN and GND. Am I right? If so, what to do with VCC and the 2nd GND?
Btw. I can't even imagine how to thank you... I would destroy I way before I was able to know how...

Tomas4174

Joined Oct 28, 2016
Ok guys, I think we are almost at the very end... The indicator works, only it lights up all the diodes regardless on the battery level.

Tomas4174

Joined Oct 28, 2016
I can't take pictures right now, but you can see it in the picture "A03.jpg" Eric made.
There is the VCC and GND to the supply (used a 9V battery) and a INPUT with GND (there I used a old celphone battery, because the battery I need to use -5V- has not arrived yet.)
When I was making the picture, I knew that it's not gonna help much.