battery dc -> 2kv ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariemeir

Joined Jun 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I am trying to see how can i generate a high ac voltage (sinusoidal 2000v peak to peak) from a battery (say 3.7v) source.

I need the ac to be as close as possible to a sine wave, and the frequency range is more or less audio: 100hz - 10khz.

I looked at the power supplies people use for tesla coils and other high voltage projects, and i even took apart a high voltage based insect killer to see how it works.

They all seem to use high voltage DC pulses, so I am turning for some advice here at the forum: what would be a quick and dirty, ideally low cost way of generating such a voltage ?

My power requirements are relatively modest, 2000v p2p voltage and 100ua of current, i.e. 1000*0.707*100e-6 = 70mw or so. I might want to go higher in voltage , i.e. 20kv p2p with 1ma of current, leading to 7w of power, but this is for later, assuming the basic experiment works ;-) so it would be nice if the solution would be somewhat scalable.

Thanks for all the advice !

Regards,
Lenny

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
This is rather difficult to accomplish, especially if you need a variable frequency?

The ratio of input to output voltage is massive.
Whatever solution you find will most likely have terrible efficiency.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This has been stated many times on AAC.

If you need to come to AAC with requests such as this then you are not qualified to proceed. This project is lethal.

I expect that this thread will be closed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.