Battery Choice for project

mattyl2003

Joined Jan 5, 2013
I am after suggestions on which battery to use for my project. Thinking of a a rechargeable LiPloymer 3.7/650mAh.

There will be a Bluetooth Module drawing 17ma when in full use and this will be about 6 hours each day. The rest of the time it will be in a deep sleep mode using 0.2 approx. Plus another 3ma for another sensor.

Im am trying to find which battery will last the longest in between charges based on others experience.

Pricing isnt such an issue, just trying to get a feel for how long i could have this running without charging.

mattyl2003

Joined Jan 5, 2013
Sorry i should re-phrase that. The BT module will be looking to pair with a phone for about 6 hours, however once paired anytime during that 6 hour window it will only stay connected to the phone for about 1minute, then it will go back into sleep mode again for 18 hours or so

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You didn't say what the project is. Li batteries present a fire hazard if overcharged or discharged too fast.... as shown in the new Boeing 787 airplanes. You need specific charging circuitry for them. Li Poly batteries are the most dangerous, LiFe are less volatile.