Battery Bulging

Status
Not open for further replies.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Probably not a good idea to explode anything in your country R!f@@. You may just disapear!!! Then what will we do???

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Probably not a good idea to explode anything in your country R!f@@. You may just disapear!!! Then what will we do???
Shoot, back when I was a kid I used to make nitroglycerin in my home lab, pack it tightly in a test tube with a cork stopper then throw it up in the air over the street and run like hell. Used to make home made rocket engines as well, odd how the potassium nitrate + sugar, melted down then poured into a 12 gauge shotgun shell with the primer removed would replace the D size Estes engines.

Of course back then you could buy this stuff anywhere just as they'd sell you true black powder over the counter which I keep in stock in many granule sizes. I occasionally use it to make my own fireworks if I want to work up something special. Anymore I still drive down to Texas or up to Missouri to get the best stuff, we've still got a city not far from here where it's "Katy Bar the Door" when it comes to that day and night. You really don't even need to bring your own, so much going off to watch that you only need to bring a small amount for your own enjoyment. Simple matter of getting a good spot early, setting up your blanket on the ground and enjoying the money everyone else spent.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
So sea is the only way.
That's why it's fun to scuba dive at the Maldives. You find so much strange things in the sea. :)

If you throw you unwanted stuff in the sea, would it still be Paradise?

Please, don't use the sea as you garbage can.

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
<snip> Used to make home made rocket engines as well, odd how the potassium nitrate + sugar, melted down then poured into a 12 gauge shotgun shell with the primer removed would replace the D size Estes engines. <snip>
One of the worst whippin's I got growing up was making those rockets. /but we used empty 30-06 cases. Was melting the mix over a alcohol burner in my bedroom and a little bit got on the edge of the ladle a caught fir , it sparks a little when it burns and that caught the cigar box of the mixture on fire, and that my desk and that the wall. Once the mix starts burning it has to burn its self out. After the fire dept. and cops left, my Dad started in on me.:eek:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I just realize that the battery was not there where I put it.

Went through the whole trash to find it in the bottom.
Lucky it was still intact.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I just asked my lil sis hubby who is in MNDF (Maldives National Defense Force) about blowing the battery, and said do I have a wish to get arrested.

Hee hee heee. I like to get arrested and blow their minds.

I saw bill's u tube link. It blow with only 12V, what I had in mind is take my 1.5KVA UPS and hook it up at the reclaimed area or better yet in Hulhu Male' where no one will be around for a km or so.
But if it goes with a loud bang, I don't think I can hide. cause there also have patrols cars around.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's Hulhule, where the airport is. Google sky it.
This island has huge reef, so it is been reclaimed now. Quite big I must say, we can now ride the bikes to 120km.hr atleast

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I just realize that the battery was not there where I put it.

Went through the whole trash to find it in the bottom.
Lucky it was still intact.
RIFAA! Get that thing away from your HOME!

If is swells a "little" more, and ruptures, it will burn. It doesn't need any outside voltage to do so.

Being in the bottom of a trash can is a great place to start a NICE BIG fire.

You know.. Its crazy.. They dont allow dogs on the island, but they allow these batteries that can burn down the WHOLE island.

;)

I would render it inert as quickly as you can.

A resistor and a car lightbulb.

Let it get to 0v.

Status
Not open for further replies.