Bass amplifier

TomJoad

Joined Dec 9, 2013
Hi everyone, I want to make a Bass guitar amplifier with 20W, and i want to know all about it, can anyone Help me please ?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You need to have a power supply. Are you hoping to use a battery, or plug it in? And what is your load, a big bass speaker cone?

donpetru

Joined Nov 14, 2008
You're interested in an algorithm for calculating a 20W audio amplifier? Or you just looking amplifier circuit diagram to build it?
If you want to build an audio amplifier then I recommend you analyze the project attached. Contains all necessary information. It is a simple design, compact and Hi-Fi.

Attachments

TomJoad

Joined Dec 9, 2013
I want to plug it in, All what i need is the circuit in order to build it, bass guitar works with 20Hz minimal, I Need a circuit that i can use it with volume and some effects as options.
for the first sight, It will be a transformer, many power amplifiers...
So, Any Ideas ?

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
Audio amps are so cheap now it makes me wonder why anybody would build one.
For fun!

A "broadband amp can be used as a bass amp since the bass range is just a subset of the full audio range.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Converte...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dbe3ae77

You can add the effects externally.
Sure, but one may want to design some frequency shaping into the amp, including adjustable EQ. By the way, your link is a DC converter.

TomJoad, have you visited DIYAudio.com? I bet you'll find lots of amp circuits and help there.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
@TomJoad

Welcome to AAC.

Do you want a safe (simple?) lower voltage circuit design to start with, or do you have the experience, knowledge and respect to work with high voltage circuits??

TomJoad

Joined Dec 9, 2013
You're interested in an algorithm for calculating a 20W audio amplifier? Or you just looking amplifier circuit diagram to build it?
If you want to build an audio amplifier then I recommend you analyze the project attached. Contains all necessary information. It is a simple design, compact and Hi-Fi.
Thank you , I'll check it out !