Bass amplifier

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by TomJoad, Jan 13, 2014.

1. TomJoad

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Hi everyone, I want to make a Bass guitar amplifier with 20W, and i want to know all about it, can anyone Help me please ?

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You need to have a power supply. Are you hoping to use a battery, or plug it in? And what is your load, a big bass speaker cone?

3. donpetru

Nov 14, 2008
    You're interested in an algorithm for calculating a 20W audio amplifier? Or you just looking amplifier circuit diagram to build it?
    If you want to build an audio amplifier then I recommend you analyze the project attached. Contains all necessary information. It is a simple design, compact and Hi-Fi.

TomJoad likes this.
  4. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    A 20W amplifier will not provide a lot of bass but it should be fine for a practicing in a small room.

5. TomJoad

Dec 9, 2013
    I want to plug it in, All what i need is the circuit in order to build it, bass guitar works with 20Hz minimal, I Need a circuit that i can use it with volume and some effects as options.
    for the first sight, It will be a transformer, many power amplifiers...
    So, Any Ideas ?

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Fender Bassman 6G6 schematic. You can leave out the , "normal" channel.

tubeguy likes this.
  7. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
  8. Veracohr

Jan 3, 2011
    For fun!

Sure, but one may want to design some frequency shaping into the amp, including adjustable EQ. By the way, your link is a DC converter.

TomJoad, have you visited DIYAudio.com? I bet you'll find lots of amp circuits and help there.

9. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    @TomJoad

Welcome to AAC.

Do you want a safe (simple?) lower voltage circuit design to start with, or do you have the experience, knowledge and respect to work with high voltage circuits??

10. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    Yep, this place does that some times: I post a link and it grabs the previous one I posted in another thread. Have no idea why.

11. TomJoad

Dec 9, 2013
    Thank you , I'll check it out !