Basics of robotics

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by leonidus, Oct 2, 2008.

1. leonidus

Thread Starter Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi!
    thank u dave for ur suggestion

I am interested in robotics. A week before I have done a robotics workshop(level 1 & level 2) held in my college. There they taught us some related theory in brief.

I want to buid my own bots. Please suggest me some sources (books,sites) from where I could get info about it alongwith some theory related to actual working of robots, their types, different features...(starting from basics). [​IMG]

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
  4. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    Robotics can be a simple or complex subject, which depends on how far you look into it. If you want to put something together, there is a good chance you don't need a lot of theory. If you want to get more sophisticated, then you need to look into robotic theory. This would involve translational, rotational, matrices, dynamic modeling, etc.

Steve

5. hokageleads

Oct 2, 2008
    if u want to build one .. u should determine what kind of robot u want to build, because this robotic field is vast .. from a simple line follower to sophisticated humanoid like ASIMO ..

6. leonidus

Thread Starter Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Thanks to all !!! :)
    for ur replies
    Sites mentioned by bertus & hgmjr are really good. It would help me a lot.
    hokageleads, I am a begginer to this field. So, I prefer to go from start, building small bots like line-follower.
    & scubasteve_911 the theory I mentioned was about the basics.So that I can build my own new robots of my idea in near future.
    Thank u once again