Basics of electronics

sunwarrior1993

Joined Nov 20, 2012
Hello, I'm posting this thread to know if by understanding fully the basics of electronics and also how to analyse a circuit, can I adapt my knowledge in any situation?

Any thoughts are most welcome :)

Thank you

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Any situation? No. A well educated engineer can do amazing things but the field of electronics is so large that nobody can know it all. In addition, the parts that are available are constantly being improved and the requirements of the modern world are demanding ever deeper penetration into specifics and applications that most people have never heard of. Even if you're good at it, you can't keep up with everything.

There are new IC's that you would have to spend weeks studying to utilize them to their fullest. There are specific fields like digital signal processing and electronic communication that you would have to take a year of college for...in addition to your 4 year degree. And while you're soaking your brain in one highly evolved field of the electronic sciences, the other 300 specific fields are progressing all the time.

You can make a difference in your own life. You can be less at the mercy of the, "use it for a few months and buy a new one" mentality. You can make a living in any of several fields of endeavor, but you can't know everything.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I think we've hit on a few NSA buzzwords here - AAC just moved up on the list...:p

@OP, see bertus's signature (you don't need to know everything, just where to find it)...

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
with over 45 years of experience in several fields, I dont know verything about electronics, but I muddle through. a good understanding of theory and componants will usually see you through, I have been working on so many different things that I now think of equipment as systems, to be broken down into whats most probable to fail. also, theres always google.