Basic Water Level Alarm

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ActivePower, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ActivePower

Thread Starter Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Well, there is this is pretty basic water level alarm I have built. The problem is that the buzzer which should beep repeatedly does so at a very low volume. I suppose this is due to the low current that the buzzer might be receiving.

The thing works fine with an LED though and the rest of the circuitry is proper. I was just wondering if the the buzzer could be implemented alongside it too.

Would a pot instead of the fixed resistance solve the problem?

The schematic is at: http://www.circuitstoday.com/water-level-alarm-circuit

Thanks!

2. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    What's your 3V source...pair of alkaline AAA, AA, C, or D batteries?...3V Lithium button cell?...??? Is the buzzer loud enough when you connect it directly across the 3V source?
    Do you have the specs (min/max voltage, current) or a link for your buzzer?

Ken

3. ActivePower

Thread Starter Member

Mar 15, 2012
    I am using three AA batteries and yes, the buzzer sounds loud enough across the battery (that is the problem). But I don't have any specs on the buzzer, unfortunately.

4. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Do you have access to a voltmeter? Can you measure the voltage between pin #3 and ground when the buzzer in "on"? Spec sheets indicate...depending on the operating voltage, load current, and manufacturing tolerances...that you can lose up to a volt of the supply voltage when the output transistor is ON.

Ken