Basic Water Level Alarm

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
Well, there is this is pretty basic water level alarm I have built. The problem is that the buzzer which should beep repeatedly does so at a very low volume. I suppose this is due to the low current that the buzzer might be receiving.

The thing works fine with an LED though and the rest of the circuitry is proper. I was just wondering if the the buzzer could be implemented alongside it too.

Would a pot instead of the fixed resistance solve the problem?

The schematic is at: http://www.circuitstoday.com/water-level-alarm-circuit

Thanks!

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
What's your 3V source...pair of alkaline AAA, AA, C, or D batteries?...3V Lithium button cell?...??? Is the buzzer loud enough when you connect it directly across the 3V source?
Do you have the specs (min/max voltage, current) or a link for your buzzer?

Ken

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
I am using three AA batteries and yes, the buzzer sounds loud enough across the battery (that is the problem). But I don't have any specs on the buzzer, unfortunately.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Do you have access to a voltmeter? Can you measure the voltage between pin #3 and ground when the buzzer in "on"? Spec sheets indicate...depending on the operating voltage, load current, and manufacturing tolerances...that you can lose up to a volt of the supply voltage when the output transistor is ON.

Ken