Basic toy ski lift.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Garygav, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Garygav

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Hi I have basically no knowledge of electronic circuitry so I am looking for some advice on the most simple way of constructing a motorised ski lift as a moving christmas decoration.

I basically want it so that a motorised pulley will pull little cardboard ski lifts up and down in opposite directions. I want them to travel one way for a certain number of seconds and then reverse direction.

I would appreciate if someone could point me towards something I could put into a simple battery pack and maybe two of these motors, , circuit that would auto reverse the motor direction every few seconds.

Apologies for the terrible sketch attached i'm just in a rush at the moment. really rough sketch.jpg
  2. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Why not one motor and one loop? The chairs would go up one side of the loop and down the other.
  3. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    a simple 555 astable timer with a relay reversing the motor voltage will do,or as the previous post says keep it running in one direction.
  4. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Expanding on post # 2. The Jaycar # YG2732 rated at 70 RPM @ 12 V might be about right at 3 V so that seats move about 1"/ sec. Wheels about 4 in dia. X 3/8" to 1/2 in with V or U grouve. Seats may be hinged so they hang down going Lift 00000.jpg up or down. Cable clamp 1/8 " wide at top from thin metal like " tin" can steel.