Basic Technical Mathmatics (Other recommendations)

ElectronicsFanatic

Joined Feb 12, 2012
Has anyone used this book?

I have been using it for my latest math class (Pre-Calculus). I have found it to be a good book overall, but at times the examples given are hard to follow. This past week I have been learning a lot about Trig Identities. I fealt like this section of the book (Chapter 20) could have been a bit clearer on the material. This is the first time that I really had any issues with the book.

I spent some extra time looking at some Youtube videos for a better understanding, but I do have a question for anyone willing to give a reply.

What books have you guys used or do you guys have any suggestions on resources that I could use to master the material better?

I pretty much have the big picture of trig identities, I am now focusing on the details. :)

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
I teach dual credit college trig and I think a very readable textbook is [ITrigonometry[/I] by McKeague, publisher Thomson. If you get the 5th edition, it's practically free. I especially like all the physics applications that it has. Most of my students have no prior trig knowledge so they are learning from scratch.

ElectronicsFanatic

Joined Feb 12, 2012
I did some searching around and came across a good site called PurpleMath that does a good job of explaining it too.

Thanks for the reply's so far. I am looking into both. The website looks like it has a lot of good info to review as well!