Basic EPROM programmers and software names

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
What are some general EPROM programmers? like the top 10 that most companys use ?

Most electronic companys have a bunch of different EPROM programmers , they look like sockets with different ranges on the side and you put the DDC chips or EPROM chips into the socket , the socket is hooked up to the computer by a USB port or serial port

There is different software names that are for different chips

For the DDC chips i have used "MCCS software" i think thats what its called

For EPROM chips i have use "laccie software" i think what what its called

What EPROM or DDC software have you guys used please and EPROM programmers?

I mostly would put the chips in the EPROM programmer socket and match the software to that chip, then i would choose the right "pre-programmed file" from a dropdown list and then choose the download run button icon

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Do you really mean EPROM? EEPROM is more like it these days.

The last EPROM programmer I used had 8 switches for the data and a couple of thumbwheel switches for the address. You set the switches and held a PB for 15 seconds to blow the EPROM fuses.

The big difference is in packages and whether the interface is serial or parallel (and, of course, 3.3 volt or 5 volt).

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
EEPROM sorry

Most companys that make circuits or modules boards have different PICs,DDC,EEPROM chips on the PCB's

They have headers on PCB so you can hook up the EEPROM programmable sockets to the computer and program the chips on the PCB

I don't know that many names of these EEPROM programmer sockets or the softwares that go with these types of chips

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
how do you guys program the EEPROM chips? DDC chips? PIC chips?

Where the files pre-programmed already for you? where do you get these pre-programmed files?