Basic Electronics help

Kadmos

Joined Mar 15, 2005
I am a beginner to circuits and although i have done some basic electronics at school they arent enough.So i want to makeup my mind and understand some things.Firstly
1.Why does EMF electromotive forces current to flow??Why free electrons move ??
Dont tell me that they move because there is a potetional difference.I know that
but why they move how does the potetional difference has an effect over them?
2.Why the current is the same at all the points of the circuit?(series).
3.Why :blink: if we connect some resistors in series the voltage falls betwwen each one? Why does that happen.
4.Also i noticed that the PSTN phone cables have a 55 V.Although the A are 50 and less.(with no resistance).THey told me that they have a current limiter.
Tell me if this is true and if we can reduce the current and keep the same voltage.

Thanks.

PS.Also because i am beginer and the only thing i know is about resistors and capacitors( idont know what capacitors are used for).Tell me where i can find some simple circuits.Of cource i am reading this sites tutorials and a book.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by Kadmos@Mar 15 2005, 05:33 PM
I am a beginner to circuits and although i have done some basic electronics at school they arent enough.So i want to makeup my mind and understand some things.Firstly
1.Why does EMF electromotive forces current to flow??Why free electrons move ??
Dont tell me that they move because there is a potetional difference.I know that
but why they move how does the potetional difference has an effect over them?
2.Why the current is the same at all the points of the circuit?(series).
3.Why :blink: if we connect some resistors in series the voltage falls betwwen each one? Why does that happen.
4.Also i noticed that the PSTN phone cables have a 55 V.Although the A are 50 and less.(with no resistance).THey told me that they have a current limiter.
Tell me if this is true and if we can reduce the current and keep the same voltage.

Thanks.

PS.Also because i am beginer and the only thing i know is about resistors and capacitors( idont know what capacitors are used for).Tell me where i can find some simple circuits.Of cource i am reading this sites tutorials and a book.
[post=6103]Quoted post[/post]​
This link would be a good starting point

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html

Kadmos

Joined Mar 15, 2005
Well i know great tutorial i am reading this.But it doesnt answer MY questions.Why nobody can anwser?I think that noone knows the reason why potetional difference moves the electrons like nobody knows why we exist.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by Kadmos@Mar 15 2005, 07:35 PM
Well i know great tutorial i am reading this.But it doesnt answer MY questions.Why nobody can anwser?I think that noone knows the reason why potetional difference moves the electrons like nobody knows why we exist.
[post=6109]Quoted post[/post]​
Yes, a bit of an enigma isn't it.
Moon goes round the earth. Earth goes round the sun.
Who knows why?