Basic Electricity question network.. Ra=R1 x R2?

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by -googles-, Mar 9, 2009.

1. -googles-

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hi, I am taking a basic electricity class and I am confused on something. I think it's called a Network, but I'm not exactly sure. The teacher isn't going by the textbook and I can't find anything in the book that would explain.

This is what I wrote down
    Ra= R1x R3
    R1+R2+R3

What is this called so I can look it up? Also, are there any websites where I can practice problems? My book has some problems, but it doesn't give the answer, so I'm not sure if I am doing them right. Thank you for any help you can give.

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    What you wrote down does not make sense at least to me.

3. -googles-

Mar 9, 2009
    I have the diagram drawn out too, but I can't show it on here. Maybe I can take a pic. of it so people can see?

4. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Yes, take a photo and attach it here by using the attachment 'clip' on the toolbar above.

5. -googles-

Mar 9, 2009
    Hopefully you can see this picture. I guess I just don't understand how you get the formula. The bottom diagram confuses me too. If you know what this is called please let me know. Thanks.[​IMG]

6. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
  7. -googles-

Mar 9, 2009
    Thank you!! He never did say anything about Delta. I looked on the internet for Network, but nothing was coming up that looked like this. Do you know of a site where I can practice problems like this?

8. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
  9. -googles-

Mar 9, 2009
    I can't seem to find anything on that website. Do you know of another place for problems? Or would anybody on here make up a problem I can try and solve?