Ban stupid little kids

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Hockey? I have lived in Canada all my life but I never played hockey. I also never watched a hockey game on TV.

I took my son to a hockey game ONE TIME but never again.
They played back and forth for a couple of minutes but no goals. Then a 15 minutes break.
They played back and forth for another couple of minutes with no goals then another 15 minutes break. HO HUM! BORING!

One goalie fell down or fell asleep then the other team got a goal. WOOPIE! HO HUM.
Soccer is even worse. Those games go for hours without any score.

If it were not for the rioting in the stands and occasional spontaneous lynchings, they would be pretty boring.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You haven't played cricket. In the good old days a cricket match lasted for 5 days. Before that the longest match went on for 10 days. They take two 20-minute breaks for tea and 40 minutes for lunch.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
It takes two really good teams to get a zero-zero score, you don't know how

it feels to be competitor in a uniform playing for a crowd. You have to be in

good shape. You don't know how it feels to be a one man show. Its to late

now, but be careful what you say about competitors,it take a lot of hard work.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Soccer is even worse. Those games go for hours without any score.
Watch the Barcelona and maybe you could consider a different opinion.

If it were not for the rioting in the stands and occasional spontaneous lynchings, they would be pretty boring.
Sad that around here, not necessarily like that but it seems more and more frequent than scoring.

By the way BH, you, golf or cricket? :p THAT means action!

PD: try badmington...:eek:

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I played golf twice and I did pretty well. But it was boring.
It's not so bad if you stay with the drink cart. That is all I'd do when I had a job that had "Company golf outings" for some personnel twice a year, that was what most everybody did, come to think of it.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I've played golf (well, just went to the driving range and smacked balls really hard) a couple of times and it was mildly entertaining. Probably would have even been fun if I had a few drinks in me. But watching someone else play golf? How do they get away with televising such a sport?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
We've got snakes (adders and grass snakes), but there are no snakes in Ireland because St Patrick (allegedly) killed them all. Not sure if they play much golf in Ireland.