Bachelor Thesis Help

Agonche

Joined Aug 26, 2011
This is not homework but I didn't know where to post it.

I'm studying computer engineering and finished all the exams. Now I have to write my Bachelor Thesis but I'm stuck, I don't know what to choose.

I need recommendations.

Thesis can be from:
  • Computer Organisation and Architecture
  • Operating Systems
  • Fiber Optics
  • Electronics
I don't want anything too deep or complicated. Something simple but essential. I hope this makes sense.

So, please recommend thesis title and book references for that.

Thanks.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Usually, part of the expected work for a Senior Thesis (the name I know it by) is for the student to come up with ideas, put together a simple and short outline of what the thesis would contain, and then discuss it with your academic advisor to get it refined and, eventually, approved. If, after four years of work, you still have no ideas about what to choose, then that is NOT a good sign. What are YOUR interests? Pick something that interests YOU.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
You should pick thesis which has a lot of easily available resources so If I was you I would pick Electronics.
You are going to have to pick thesis topic by yourself since I don't have any idea in what stuff are you interested the most.

Agonche

Joined Aug 26, 2011
I just asked for a topic and sources to find information about that specific topic.

@WBahn
It's not a good sign at all that I have no ideas, but I my ideas were from fields that the professors are not very familiar with (web application security, programming on android - Java) and got refused. I also wanted to do something with a single-board computer like Raspberry Pi and some add-on board but they don't ship in my country.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I understand that people in some places have extraordinary challenges. We don't know you and we don't know your situation nor is it particularly relevant. Research is research and you should discuss topics of interest that can get approved by your adviser. Then track down every resource you can lay your hands on to investigate the topic. This does not have to be the finest work of a lifetime, just the first of many more to come. To use a sports analogy: this is not the world cup and you don't have to score the winning goal on a spectacular penalty kick.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
Pick something YOU are interested in. You'll always do better if it has that characteristic. You are the best picker of a project to postulate on.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Working off of your interest in a Raspberry Pi and with Comp Organization and Architecture being fair game, how about a paper related to the architecture of the Raspberry Pi that doesn't involve any use of physical hardware. Or another possibility would be to take something like the Hack platform (from the Nand2Tetris project) and extending that architecture slightly. That has the advantage that it can all be done in software emulation starting with the tools (written in Java with the source code available) that are freely downloadable.