b+

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
slightly less than A- voltage:p

Seriously, though, it appears to be a reference to tubes, it refers to the voltage on the plate, which was usually a different battery, according to this and this, though I've never heard the term before...

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Seriously though, if you expect a good answer, you should ask a good question (Any question at all would be nice!). What you posted isn't even a question. Try putting yourself in our shoes. If someone posted something similar and told you to answer it, would you have any idea where to begin? It really helps to THINK about what you're asking, before you post it. Useless questions will get useless answers. That's how life works.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Seriously though, if you expect a good answer, you should ask a good question (Any question at all would be nice!). What you posted isn't even a question. Try putting yourself in our shoes. If someone posted something similar and told you to answer it, would you have any idea where to begin? It really helps to THINK about what you're asking, before you post it. Useless questions will get useless answers. That's how life works.
It is my guess that the OP is either really lazy or more likely lacks the English skills to formulate a proper question. We have seen this many times before on this forum.

I'd like to know how if someone lacks the language skills to ask a proper question in a particular language, how they expect to expect to understand the answer.

I learned my lesson in Italy asking directions. They would talk so fast, I would be lucky to understand every other word, until I figured it was easier to ask them to write a map Scriva una mappa, per favore.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
A "B+" voltage designation was once used when tubes rulled the world. It indicated the high voltage these things needed as the plate (?) supply. It ran typically several hundred volts.

It's also why you can buy an A battery and a C battery and even a D battery, but not a B battery.

No one needs them anymore.