Axial component leadformers

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by mcgyvr, Jan 9, 2014.

1. mcgyvr

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Anyone have any hands on experience with axial leadformers that could recommend one for me? Specifically ones for resistors that cut/bend and put in the locking standoff into the leads.
    No one does demo machines or has reps in our area and they are far from cheap $6k to 15K so I don't want to pull the trigger on one thats just as bad as the one we have now..
    We have a machine now GPD Global CF-8 at work and its a POS.. and they want a fortune just to repair/refurb it.

Looking now at a one from Olamef
    specifically the TP6/PR-F machine.
  2. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    From memory you can buy manual hand crank ones for a few hundred dollars new.

Through-hole leadforming machines are becoming very obsolete now, so I would expect that you can buy one VERY cheap secondhand from a machinery reseller (they know they are obsolete and won't want to get stuck with lots of through-hole machines).
  3. mcgyvr

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    the <$1000 hand crank ones do not do the locking/standoff lead forms that we require.. Just cut and bend 90. Not to mention having a hand crank means an employee must sit there and crank it. We just intend to load up reels and let it run and the user can walk away and do something else while its running.
    And we are always looking for used machines and thats how we picked up the CF-8 POS.. but now is the time to buy new. Trust me.. Its VERY rare that we are given the go ahead for new equipment. 99% of the equipment in our building is from auctions,etc... Its just been a great year and time to dump some cash.