avr studio programmer attiny26

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by LaurenceR, May 12, 2014.

1. LaurenceR

Thread Starter Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I up loaded a hex file to the MCU and it doesn't seem to run. Have not done a lot of programming. what I have done is mainly in assembly, the program was written by someone else in C. Usint Mark II and studio 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    We can't help you much without the source code listing.

3. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    ...and a schematic showing your connections...

4. LaurenceR

Thread Starter Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I'll get them.
    Thanks

5. LaurenceR

Thread Starter Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Attached is the schematic of the circuit. The main circuit I am testing is in the top half of the view. the bottom is for a 4 - 20 ma vcontrol signal that can also go back to the MCU. I had these developed for me some time ago but attempting to do my own programing and uploading. One comment I have is that avr studio 4 doesn't bring up ATtiny26 or the mkII ISP. tried to use something close. Not good.
    Looking for the C file have only found the hex and test files. I actually tried uploading the hex file. Not successfully.
    thanks.

6. LaurenceR

Thread Starter Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I am finding that the attiny 26L is not listed in any of the programming and debugging devices. the last time I programmed them I used the stk500 board which is now obsolete. Does anyone know if the attiny 26L is no longer supported?
    Thanks,

7. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    The ATtiny26 is still in production and fully supported.
    The STK500 will program the ATtiny26.

8. LaurenceR

Thread Starter Member

Feb 7, 2013
    OK, let me start here.No longer have the STK500 board. I purchased a MK II ISP. Should this work with either studio 4 or 6? Do I need some other isp programmer?
    Thank you.

9. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    MK II will work with Studio 6 as well as Studio 4. Download the latest Studio 6.2

You would get better answers if you post your questions on Atmel AVR forum.

10. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    You can't just use another programming method/device. You will probably have to add definitions of the tools/devices with which you are working.

11. LaurenceR

Thread Starter Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I thought I installed all the drivers for the MK II however only jtag ice shows up and not MK II isp. Not sure what is going on or what to do.
    thanks.