AVR promming....ICD tool gud or bad?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by f@ryal, Jul 18, 2011.

1. f@ryal

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Im learning AVR programming and have installed AVR studio 5.....have studied a tutorial for it and learnt how to make a programm for running LEDs.............but when i go to my college lab pc.....they are having ICD(image craft development tool) for writting and compiling the program and then the hex. file has to be simulated in AVR studio................................................................CAN u plz suggest me which method is better? If i have to follow ICD then plz suggest me some tutorial to learn its syntax.............im finding myself alien at it

Thanks

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome to AAC! Unfortunately, you have posted in the wrong area. You would have much better luck if you had posted this in the Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers forum. A moderator will be along and move it shortly.

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I moved it over here as suggested by Bill_Marsden.

Bertus

4. f@ryal

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    [​IMG] i was told to move my post to this forum.so here i am
    Im learning AVR programming and have installed AVR studio 5.....have studied a tutorial for it and learnt how to make a programm for running LEDs.............but when i go to my college lab pc.....they are having ICD(image craft development tool) for writting and compiling the program and then the hex. file has to be simulated in AVR studio............................................ ....................CAN u plz suggest me which method is better? If i have to follow ICD then plz suggest me some tutorial to learn its syntax.............im finding myself alien at it

Thanks