AVR/51 ISP programmer

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by dreamtale, Nov 2, 2014.

1. dreamtale

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    hello everyone
    Today, this is my first time post here, rather than replies. I am very happy to come to this forum to learn more knowledge of electronics.
    I share a project I've ever done, an AVR/51 ISP programmer, Maybe it is simple, I think there must be someone who need it. PCB and schematic is easy to understand, people who use it can also do some improvements needed. A few years ago, I made some when I learned AVR.
    Recently, a project need it, I have to make some.
    sch.jpg PCB picture below, it is actually more like a single layer board, bottom layer only has one line.
    PCB.jpg
    I just sent my gerber files to Smart-prototyping who is in China to produce my PCB. and I will buy ATmega and the other components from Digikey. I will solder them by myself.
    After assembling the board, download the firmware program to AVR ISP programmer. You need an additional downloader to download to the programmer. I buy it from sparkfun(https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11801). In addition, the computer needs to install the driver.

Thanks
    dreamtale

ISB123 likes this.
  2. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    You could have bought USBASP for less than 5$ which would do the same job as that 20$ programmer.SparkFun is really over priced on some stuff...

3. dreamtale

Oct 30, 2014
    Yeah,many products in sparkfun,seeed studio or other Market Will be a little expensive.Some enthusiasts often make it by themselves.But I hope this project may help more people in need.

4. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Its nice project,but it really sucks that you need to have a programmer to make another programmer.Would been nice if AVR and PIC made MCU's with firmware already on the chip but then nobody would buy their programmers...

shteii01 likes this.
  5. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Yep. I saw another programmer that uses ATmega8. But you need a programmer to program the ATmega8. So you need programmer to build a programmer. Nuts!

6. dreamtale

Oct 30, 2014
    When you need a certain mass-produced products, a download is not enough. Use a download can produce more downloader. Also, when you want to download integrated on your PCB, You can refer to this project.