Autonomous RC car inside a building

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
So yeah, I'm planning to design an RC self drived Arduino car that is used to carry objects from point A to point B. The problem is that I'm intending to use a GPS for the house rooms. But I don't know how to do that I mean, localizing the rooms and the halls !!
What do you think I should do guys , anf if there any better alternatives please state them.

Thnaks in advance.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
GPS isn't going to work indoors and as far as I know there aren't any other working options (yet).
Maybe you could use UV fluorescent paint (invisible except under UV) and make the car a line follower, with a map to know which line to follow at junctions?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
...What do you think I should do guys , anf if there any better alternatives please state them...
The "car" running indoors should have a barcode reader on board and scan [large !] barcodes affixed to either aisles, walls, corners, doors, tresholds, floors, ceilings... that will tell its exact position.

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
GPS isn't going to work indoors and as far as I know there aren't any other working options (yet).
Maybe you could use UV fluorescent paint (invisible except under UV) and make the car a line follower, with a map to know which line to follow at junctions?
Sir, can you tell me more about UV fluorescent paint ?!! It's new for me !!

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
This is a significant and important problem.

There are NO easy cheap simple solutions. Come up with one, and you will be RICH.

(hint- it's going to be very difficult)

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
This is a significant and important problem.

There are NO easy cheap simple solutions. Come up with one, and you will be RICH.

(hint- it's going to be very difficult)
what about inputting or programming maps, like in video games !! It might work isn't it ?