Automotive section

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lanz, Sep 23, 2009.

A New Section For Automotive Related Circuits?

1. Agree

69.2%
  2. Disagree

30.8%
  1. Lanz

Thread Starter Active Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Admin,i saw a lot of automotive circuit thread in our forum especially car related.
    So,i think it would be easy to the members to search and find if all the automotive related circuit placed in a section.
    So,i suggest a new section for automotive to be created under "Electronics Forums".
    Guys,you can show your opinions by voting the poll above.

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I think adding forums that are not distinctive electronically as to content only slows the process of reviewing posts and hampers remembering in which forum a post resides. Yes, I use the "new posts" button, but I sometimes fail to recall in which forum it was posted.

What is distinctive about CDI, voltage regulators, and flashing LEDs that would apply to automobiles, but not motorcycles, aircraft, or other projects?

John

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    My own take is I'm betting there are a lot of automotive forums already out there. Electronics can support automotive, but to have a forum devoted to internal combustion engines and other issues associated with cars would distract from the core focus of this website.

4. Lanz

Thread Starter Active Member

Oct 30, 2008
    The forum will look nice and neat if the section is categorised.Of course we could include motorcycles,aircraft or other circuits here if available.Just my opinion.

Yes bill.What i mean was automotive "circuit" n mostly all are cars.I think i had clearly state that on my first post up there.So its not distracted from the core focus.Its still related to circuits.What do u think?

5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    If you put any forum up there with the name automotive it won't matter, you will see everything from timing issues to fuel mixtures (which we already get with the HHO crowd). We already cover automotive, but with the current system you don't need a separate forum named as such.

Really doesn't matter what I think though, it is the administrators and mods you have to convince. I tend to ignore sections of this site already, I stay busy enough with the slices I do pay attention to. If there were an automotive section I would tend to ignore it, so any questions posted there don't get my help except once in a blue moon.

6. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    Those who need help concerning automotive circuitry can simply post a thread on this forum. We'd be glad to help.

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Case in point, notice the "Tires" thread in the off topic area?