automatic stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfAnarchy ZA

Joined Jul 13, 2011
hi guys i was wondering how a the control unit on a car recognizes that the window is fully up? do they use a current sensing circuit or something?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
It will sense current above a threshold level, but alone can't distinguish between a normal motor start-up current surge and a stalled motor situation. It does not switch the motor off.
Be aware that vehicle mods are contrary to the Terms of Service of this site.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
is there enough room to put in a limit switch? might be simpler, open the circuit when the window is full up. another switch to open he open circuit when full down.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
thanks i am aware that vehicle mods are prohibited;) this will not be a mod but a replacement of a current faulty system
It doesn't matter. Mods, repairs, replacements, etc are all prohibited. And by the way, this does classify as a modification.

I expect this thread will be closed very soon.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Ok. Time to enforce the rules. No discussion on mods, repairs, replacements etc of automotive electrical system allowed on AAC.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Actually, automotive repairs are allowed for, contrary to modifications. However, we don't allow for patch-up jobs or go-arounds. You have to ask for instructions on how to bring your vehicle back to its original state, for the thread to have a chance of staying open.
Component identification and sourcing, this kind of thing.

Clearly, this particular thread doesn't belong to this category and will stay closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.